The Welcome Center is located at the Lawrence Education & Community Center,
6501 Sunnyside Road, Indianapolis, IN 46236
Welcome Center Hours - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
317-423-8209 or click to email us
Early Application for Skiles Test and Forest Glen Preschool and Kindergarten Spanish Immersion
The early application for BOTH Skiles Test and Forest Glen (Preschool - Kindergarten), for the 2019-2020 school year is closed. Students not placed will remain on a randomly generated wait list. If a seat becomes available, it will be offered to the next student on the list.
If you missed the early application deadline, you may still apply to be placed on the wait list for immersion kindergarten, to be determined by a rolling entrance process after January 28, 2019.
Preschool enrollment questions may be directed to the Office of Early Childhood, (317) 423-8363.
Kindergarten Only, Click here to complete the application below to be considered for any open seats after January 28.
Sólo jardín de infancia , Haga clic aquí para completar la solicitud a continuación para ser considerado para cualquier asientos abiertos después del 28 de enero.
Families are highly encouraged to complete the student online enrollment application before coming to the Welcome Center. All families will go to the Welcome Center to complete enrollment in MSD of Lawrence Township. (Please see required enrollment documents below.)
Required Enrollment Documents - All Grade Levels
What to bring with you to enroll your child:
- Student records are required for application (attendance, discipline, report card/transcript).
- Documents can be uploaded when completing the application;
- Or delivered to the Welcome Center at 6501 Sunnyside Rd. (Attn: Asst. Superintendent of Secondary Schools)
All families enrolling new students must come to the Welcome Center to submit required documentation and receive confirmation that student is enrolled.
- Elementary students will be assigned to their neighborhood school identified by the Elementary School Boundary Map at time of enrollment. You may apply for a different school during our open application time from April 1 to May 17, 2019 Students will be placed using a randomized system (Computerized Admittance Process – CAP) based on available seats. Notification to families occurs early July via email.
- Middle and High School students will be automatically assigned to their neighborhood school -or- during certain windows of time, you may apply to your school of choice. The transfer application process for current MSDLT families (grades 6 - 11) wanting to request placement for their students to attend a middle or high school other than the school currently serving their attendance boundary for the 2019-20 school year is now CLOSED. Visit the Grades 7-12 enrollment page for more information.
will be provided for all Lawrence Township students who:
- Attend their neighborhood school (applies to all grades); or
- Attend the Elementary School of their choice that is on the same side of the district as their neighborhood school. Refer to East-West Boundary Map.
For additional information regarding the neighborhood school for your child, please call the Welcome Center at (317)423-8209.
You may contact the following location for immunization information or to obtain any immunizations needed. Immunizations are available for children of all ages, for a fee.
Marion County Health Department
6042 East 21st Street
Free and Reduced Lunch