Crestview School of Communications
The goal of the Crestview School of Communications is to develop inquiring, articulate, and globally-linked young people who contribute to their school and local community. Students are provided opportunities to receive and provide all forms of communication in order to achieve their goals.
Students get hands-on experience in the world of broadcasting in the school’s state-of-the-art digital television studio, CVTV. Students are in charge of all areas of production in the TV studio, from anchor to engineer to roving reporter. They gain real-world experience by operating the cameras, writing the scripts, and handling all transitions.
But the TV studio isn’t the only way students learn to communicate. Through print, online communications and video conferencing, Crestview students learn the many ways to convey messages.
- Identified by Magnet Schools of America as a national Magnet School of Distinction
- State-of-the-art facility, including a new gymnasium, media center, and broadcast studio
- Home of Dr. Smith’s video program, Lawrence Live
- Wide variety of extracurricular activities, including Up and Running Club, Learning Lab Club, Girls Inc., Art Club, and Newspaper Club
- An active Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) contributes to numerous activities and fundraisers throughout the school year